AerServ recommends that all publishers review and update their tags to ensure their setup is correct and to maximize their ad impression revenue.
If a publisher continues to send secure ad requests from a non-secure website or app, they could be limiting the amount of filled ads they receive and earning less revenue.
- It is important that publishers request ads using the correct protocol for their website or app - secure (https) or non-secure (http). Secure ads must be requested for a secure (https) website or app, but secure ads do not need to be requested from a non-secure website or app. If a secure website or app attempts to display non-secure ads then they will not display. A non-secure website or app is able to display both secure and non-secure ads.
- Update your tags here: https://platform.aerserv.com/sdk_apis
- Feel free to reach out to your account manager with any further questions.
Publishers With Secure Sites/Apps
A publisher running a secure website or app should only make secure ad requests to ensure that they are only receiving secure ads.
Publishers With Non-Secure Sites/Apps
A publisher running a non-secure website or app should request non-secure ads even though they are able to display both secure and non-secure ads.
The reason why they should make a request for non-secure ads is to maximize their fill rate. When AerServ receives a secure ad request they notify their buyers that they only want secure ads returned. Although many buyers can provide secure and non-secure ads, they typically have more non-secure ads available than secure ones, so if a buyer receives a request for only secure ads they usually have less inventory of secure ads and the fill rate will be lower.
Publishers Running JS Tags
A protocol relative tag looks like the following:
The specific tag for each publisher can be found in the AerServ UI.
Publishers Running Video Tags
* Please Note: If the publisher is running video tags, then the relative protocol option is not available because the full URL must be specified. AerServ recommends that publishers use the non-secure URL unless they know for sure that they need a secure tag.
The video tag URL can be found in the AerServ UI and is similar to the following:
Where to Update Tags
1) Login to the AerServ Platform → https://platform.aerserv.com/
2) Go to the Integration Tab → https://platform.aerserv.com/sdk_apis
3) Update Your Tags!