Step 1: Adding an Ad Source
To add Millennial Media (SDK) as a mediated ad source, you will need to:
- Create an account with Millennial Media.
- Add Millennial Media (SDK) as an ad source on the AerServ platform using the placementId available from your Millennial Media account.
- The Ad Type will be dependent on which AerServ ad type you are attaching to this specific ad source.
- If using aerBanner, please select Banner HTML.
- If using aerWall, please select Interstitial HTML.
- The adSize is required for Banner HTML only. Options include:
- Smart Banner (Flexible)
- Banner (320x50)
- Large Banner (320x100)
- Medium Rectangle (300x250)
- Full Banner (468x60)
- LeaderBoard (728x90)
- supportOrientations is required for both Banner HTML and Interstitial HTML. Values include:
For detailed instructions on setting up an ad source, click here. After successfully setting up the ad source, please continue to the following steps to complete the integration with your Android app.
Step 2: Android Integration
To integrate this mediated ad source to your app, you will need to:
- Update your manifest file
- Add the provided mm-ad-sdk.aar file to your project
- Update your gradle file
Step 2.1: Update manifest file
Add the following permissions to your manifest file:
Step 2.2: Add Millennial's .aar file to project
On the aerserv-android-sdk-x.xx.x-zip file download, copy the following aar file to the app/libs directory of your project:
- Add MMAdSDK.framework to your Xcode project, which can be found in the network-support folder
- Ensure the following have been added to your application's target in the Linked Frameworks and Libraries section:
Step 4: Next Steps
Once you've completed these steps, you are now ready to test. AerServ's optimization engine will automatically return the highest paying ads to you. In order to test this integration, you can either temporarily put in a high CPM for this mediated ad source or you can prioritize the ad source through pinning, ensuring that this ad source will serve first.
For instructions on how to find your ad source's CPM, click here.
For instructions on how to pin your ad source, click here.